1. Araki, H. and Iijima, M. (2001). Deep rooting in winter wheat: rooting nodes of deep roots in two cultivars with deep and shallow root systems. Plant Production Science, 4: 215-219.
2. Bai, C., Liang, Y. and Hawkesford, M.J. (2013). Identification of QTLs associated with seedling root traits and their correlation with plant height in wheat. Journal of Experimental Botany, 6:1745-1753.
3. Bhar, S., Balyan, H.S. and Gupta, P.K. (2014). Quantitative trait loci analysis for some root traits in bread wheat (triticum aestivum L.). International Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 7: 214-221
4. Christopher, J., Jennings, R., Jones, S., Fletcher, S., Borrell, A. M. A., Jordan, D., Mace, E. and Hammer, G. (2013). QTL for root angle and number in a population developed from bread wheats (Triticum aestivum) with contrasting adaptation to water-limited environments. Theoretical and Applied Genetics, 126:1563-1574.
5. Dorlodot, S.D., Forester, B., Pages, L., Price, A., Tuberosa, R. and Draye, X. (2007). Root system architecture: opportunities and constructions for genetic improvement crops. Trends in Plant Science, 10: 474-481.
6. Ellis, M.H., Spielmeyer, W., Gale, K.R., Rebetzke, G.J. and Richards, R.A. (2002). Perfect'smarkers for the Rht B1b and Rht D1b dwarfing genes in wheat. Theoretical and Applied Genetics, 105: 1038–1042.
7. Gregory, P. (2006). Roots and the architecture of root systems. In: Plant roots: growth, activity and interactions with soils. Oxford, Blackwell Publishing, UK.
8. Gupta, P.K., Balyan, H.S. and Varshney, R.K. (2010). Quantitative genetics and plant genomics: an overview. Molecular Breeding, 26: 133-134.
9. Hamada, A., Nitta, M., Nasuda, S., Kato, K., Fujita, M. and Matsunaka, H. (2012). Novel QTLs for growth angle of seminal roots in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Plant and Soil, 354: 395-405.
10. Ibrahim, A., and Quick, J.S. (2001). Genetic control of High temperature tolerance in wheat as measured by membrane thermal. Crop Science, 41:1405-7.
11. Landjeva, S., Neumann, K., Lohwasser, U. and Borner, A. (2008). Molecular mapping of genomic regions associated with wheat seedling growth under osmotic stress. Biologia Plantarum, 52: 259-266.
12. Liu, X.L., Li, R.Z., Chang, X. P. and Jing, R.L. (2013). Mapping QTLs for seedling root traits in a doubled haploid wheat population under different water regimes. Euphytica, 189: 51-66.
13. Lu, C.X., Guo, J.Q., Wang, Y., Leng, J.T., Yang, G.M, Hou, W.S., Wu, C.X. and Han, T.F. (2010). Identification, inheritance analysis, and QTL mapping of root and shoot traits in soybean variety PI471938 with tolerance to wilting. Acta Agronomica Sinica, 36: 1476-1483.
14. Manske, G.G.B. and Vlek, P.L.G. (2002). Root architecture–wheat as a model plant. In: Waisel Y., Eshel A., Kafkafi, U. (Eds). Plant roots: the hidden half. Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, USA.
15. Modarresi, M. (2009). QTL Analysis for yield, yield component and thermal tolerance in wheat (Triticum aestivum). Ph.D. Thesis. Tehran University, Tehran, Iran.
16. Mohammadi, V., Qannadha, M.R., Zali, A.A. and Yazdi-Samadi, B. (2004). Effect of post anthesis heat stress on head traits of wheat. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 6: 42-44.
17. Poorsahrigh, S.G., Mohammadi, S.A. and Sadeghzadeh, B. (2014). Identification of genomic origins controlling iron concentration and content in shoot of barley in A × B doubled hoploid mapping population. Journal of Plant Genetic Researches, 1 (1):1-12.
18. Rong, Z., Chen, H., Wang, X., Wu, B., Chen, S., Zhang, X., Wu, X., Yang, Z., Qiu, D., Jiang, M. and Zhou, X. (2011). Analysis of QTLs for root traits at seedling stage in soybean. Acta Agronomica Sinica, 7: 1151–1158.
19. Zhou, R., Chen, H.F., Wang, X.Z., Wu, B.D., Chen, S.L., Zhang, X.J., Wu, X.J., Yang, Z.L., Qiu, D.Z., Jiang, M.L. and Zhou, X.-A. (2011). Analysis of QTLs for Root Traits at Seedling Stage in Soybean. Acta Agronomica Sinica, 37: 1151-1158.
20. Sanguinet, M.C., Maccaferr, L.S., Cornet, M., Rotondo, S.F., Chiar, T. and Tuberosa, R. (2007). Genetic dissection of seminal root architecture in elite durum wheat germplasm. Annals of Applied Biology, 151: 291-305.
21. Sun, G.Y., He, Y., Zhang, R.H. and Zhang, D.P. (1996). Studies on growth and activities of soybean root. Soybean Science, 15: 317-321.
22. Voorrips, R.E. (2002). MapChart: software for the graphical presentation of linkage maps and QTLs. Journal of Heredity, 93:77-78.
23. Wang, S.C., Basten, C.J. and Zeng, Z.B. (2005). Windows QTL cartographer 2.5, user manual. Department of Statistics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C., USA.
24. Yang, M., Ding, G., Shi, L., Feng, J., Xu, F. and Meng, J. (2010). Quantitative trait loci for root morphology in response to low phosphorus stress in Brassica napus. Theoretical and Applied Genetics, 121: 181-193.
25. Zhang, H., Cui, F., Wang, L., Li, J., Ding, A., Zhao, C., Bao, Y., Yang, Q. and Wang, H. (2013). Conditional and unconditional QTL mapping of drought-tolerance-related traits of wheat seedling using two related RIL populations. Journal of Genetics, 92: 213-231.
26. Zhou, X.G., Jing, R.L., Hao, Z.F., Chang, X.P. and Zhang. Z.B. (2005). Mapping QTL for seedling root traits in common wheat. Sciatica Agricola, 38: 1951-1957.
27. Zhu, J., Kaeppler, S.M. and Lynch, J.P. (2005). Mapping of QTL controlling root hair length in maize (Zea mays L.) under phosphorus deficiency. Plant and Soil, 270: 299-310.